Doors could swing open on these six Ford and Lincoln vehicles
Ford has announced a rare regional recall concerning doors that may not close properly. The issue, affecting some 830,000 vehicles, centers on the pawl spring tab in the side door latch that could break and prevent the door from latching properly. This problem could cause the door to open unexpectedly in certain driving conditions, Ford says.
A total of 828,053 vehicles will be part of the recall, with 766,682 sold in the U.S. The recall will include the
– 2012-15 Focus built between Aug. 1, 2010 and Jan. 31, 2015 at the Michigan Assembly Plant
– 2013-15 C-MAX built between April 19, 2012 and Jan. 31, 2015 at the Michigan Assembly Plant
– 2013-15 Escape built between Oct. 19, 2011 and Jan. 31, 2015 at the Louisville Assembly Plant
– 2015 Mustang built between May 28, 2014 and April 30, 2015 at the Flat Rock Assembly Plant
– 2014-16 Transit Connect built between Aug. 9, 2013 and Feb. 1, 2016 at the Valencia Assembly Plant